1. Content. Content. Content. Successful, professional, optimized Copywriting is the single, most important factor in any SEO campaign. Search engines index websites based on the content discovered on every page of the site. With a thorough understanding of the language and grammatical conventions combined with intensive analysis, to find and exploit the market focus, one can move a website to the upper echelon of the “SERP’s” (Search Engine Results Page) in a methodical also as ethical manner.
2. Analyze Web Logs. Measure every thing, at least twice, and then check again. While I could be the 1st to say that numerous of the procedures that make up website optimization are much more art than science, one needs to take a very scientific approach to the outcomes of the effort. This is carried out by methodically keeping a record of, and making an analysis of the sites internet logs. There are numerous specialized software which make the job simpler but at the bare minimum, 1 needs to maintain a close eye on the website visitors and their activity whilst on the website. No matter how well planned the strategy, it really is largely theoretical until proven by the results, which can only be measured by the logs, and a thorough analysis of their content.
3. No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google, or any other search engine. Those who promise such feats will either optimize for such vague search term phrases (like, “green stunted widgets with purple Polka-dots and icing”) that no 1 will ever likely look for, or they are making a false claim, which they’ve no intention of keeping, or they’ve an inside edge at Google, something which they’ll loose, quickly, when the honest folks at Google locate out about it. The other option, that they’ll take the funds and run, is worth mentioning here but I’ll be polite.
4. Some issues are just plain silly. You do not want to submit your site to 50,000 search engines. Businesses which provide this service are suspect, at best. 85% of the search outcomes on the net come from 1 search engine, which, in the event you have 1 link from an established website, or better yet, a directory, will discover your website just fine, on it is own. Four (4) search engines account for over 90% of the visitors on the internet. As for any supposed benefit which may possibly accrue from being listed in an obscure search engine in Botswana which specializes in safaris to the Kalahari Desert and receives 7 hits per day; well, you figure it out.
5. SEO is not Pay-per-Click. While no one would argue the effectiveness of obtaining increased traffic and sales, by means of a well planned, pay-per-click campaign, the truth remains that the conversion rates are generally low and they cease the moment the “pay” stops. With a well planned and executed SEO campaign, whilst results might take a bit longer, they continue to produce, and actually grow, long after the work is carried out and paid for. Quite often we have discovered that after a thorough optimization of a website, only minor adjustments are needed on an ongoing basis, primarily related to new content and/or new items of sale or service.
6. SEO is not witchcraft, Druidism, shamanism. Neither does it need any special chants, ceremonial fires, or vestments, though some of us do like to howl at the full moon, on occasion. There are no “Top Secret” practices which a reputable SEO can not tell a client, a judge, or his mother, for that matter. The really nature of the internet has usually been cooperative and there is nothing about SEO that can′t be learned, with a heavy dose of time and cash. A reputable SEO firm will give you an item per item breakdown of just where the funds goes. Be wary in the event you sense a secretive atmosphere or any unwillingness to answer questions. While you can find technical points which may take some background to fully comprehend, if one has a solid overview of the entire scenario, a simple explanation should be straightforward enough to come up with.
7. Do-it-yourself SEO. Yes, you are able to execute your own SEO campaign and discover a reputable SEO firm to aid plan and organize it for you. About 1 half of my own clientele do some component of the actual work themselves, or have their in-house dedicated personnel do it, after discussion of the goals and aims of the business/website, a thorough website analysis, comprehensive search phrase research, and focused instruction on the ways and means of achieving high SERPs. These preliminaries are followed up with a detailed program of suggestions and strategies which the client can then implement themselves or hire others to perform. Average savings; 30-40%.
8. Phased Implementation. Whilst many businesses invest thousands of dollars per month on Search Engine Optimization, an alternative is available which will pay dividends to you in increased sales and leads with out the high initial investment. The most essential consideration would be to have a reputable firm deal with the initial evaluation and suggested optimization planning 1st. The trial and error approach will cost much more, within the lengthy run, with or without the desired result. After studying the plan and establishing a workable budget you might implement the plan as finances permit.
9. Bear in mind the old saying, “If it sounds too good to be true, it possibly is.” By no means was this much more accurate than in the realm of SEO. While concrete and measurable gains will always come from a well thought out and executed optimization strategy, the internet is really a competitive media and we all need to be number one. Accept that a steady upward movement, over time, will place you worlds ahead of a flash followed by a crash.
10. A thought to ponder. At stake, inside the race for the top, is the very existence of your website, your business, and fairly possibly your reputation. Beware of any “shortcuts” or much less than ethical schemes that any person could suggest to further your business objectives. When it’s all said and completed it is you, the enterprise owner, who bears the responsibility for any organization or individual you hire. Insist on understanding precisely what the strategy is and what steps are being performed to implement it. If it seems, in the least, suspicious, ask for and get an explanation. In this case, not just is Ignorance not bliss, it could extremely well be the beginning of the end for your business.
11. All incoming links aren′t produced equal. Both the relevance to your line of business and website subject matter as well as the PR value of the incoming link determine how valuable they are to your own PR ranking. With Google starting the trend, nothing new there, and most of the others following close behind, the days of grabbing all the inbound links, in any way feasible, are gone. Not just will low ranked and/or irrelevant inbound links not help, they will, in fact, cause a penalty. Link farms, free-for-all link schemes, automated link accumulation software, or any other fad that doesn′t carefully screen the links and websites they are coming from will, in the lengthy run, do more harm than good.
12. It is a lot more than just facts and figures. The relationship between an online enterprise and SEO is, perhaps, one of the closest of company relationships. So that you can be efficient, a SEO must know not only the facts and figures pertaining to the endeavor, but s/he need to know something of the dreams and aspirations of the company principals. Issues which don′t typically come out in a prospectus are usually invaluable details when searching for the “right fit” into the complex world of the internet. My own clients sometimes ask, due to the frequency of my calls and email inside the early phases, “Am I your only client?” I generally laugh and say something to the effect that until I know your business almost also as you do, yes, you are the only one that counts.
Learn more about seo malaysia. Stop by www.malcolmsolutions.com where you can find out all about search engine optimization malaysia and what it can do for you.